CT, PET, Ultrasounds, MRIs
X Ray Associates Santa Fe
X-Ray Associates at Santa Fe provides a full range of outpatient radiology procedures that utilize the most advanced medical technologies. X-Ray Associates at Santa Fe provides premier screening, diagnostic breast imaging and interventional radiology. X-Ray Associates at Santa Fe also offers superior MRI Imaging using 1.5 Tesla GE Twinspeed with 16-channel Excite technology and a state-of-the-art Discovery PET/CT 710 with 128 slice CT Imaging Scanner. This exceptional technology offers better image quality and faster scan times, reducing radiation for both CT and PET scans.
General Services Offered:
- CT (Computed Tomography) Scan
- A CT scan takes Xray images of a body from multiple angles and produces a detailed view of the patients bones, organs and blood vessels. It’s a non invasive procedure that helps doctors diagnose problems. We offer Walk-in CT (or Computed Tomography) Scans.
- Computer-Aided Detection (CAD)
- Computer-Aided Detection is a device that assists the radiologist in detecting the earliest and most subtle signs of breast cancer.
- Interventional Radiology
- Interventional Radiology, uses minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases in nearly every organ system by guiding tiny catheters and other instruments through the blood vessels and other pathways.
- PET/CT Imaging
- PET images contain information about tissue function. PET uses a radioactive isotope that absorbs into tissue, and visualizes highly metabolic diseased cells. This is used to diagnose malignant tumors, measure cancer growth as well as evaluate neurological disorders.
- Image Guided Biopsy
- A minimally invasive procedure which obtains a piece of tissue for examination. This is done under anesthesia, and by guiding a fine needle to the affected area.
- Vascular Ultrasound
- A non-invasive imaging method that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of vessels within the body. Vascular Ultrasound is commonly used to evaluate veins and arteries in the arms, legs and neck.
- MRI Scan
- A non-invasive, painless procedure in which radio waves and a magnetic field are assisted by a computer to create remarkably clear and detailed pictures of internal organs and tissues without the use of radiation.
- The most commonly used imaging technique in radiology. To make a radiograph, a part of the body is exposed to a very small quantity of x-rays. The x-rays pass through the tissues, striking a film to create an image. We offer Walk-In X-rays.
- Varicose Vein Treatment / Endovenous Laser Treatment
- EVLT uses a tiny yet powerful laser beam-inserted thru a harmless fiber right into your vein-to seal it shut.
- A procedure that uses a special table and x-ray tube along with contrast material to view organs that would normally not show up on a regular x-ray.
- Coronary Calcium Scoring
- A pain-free, non-invasive and inexpensive procedure which provides information about the presence, location and extent of calcified plaque in the coronary arteries,
Santa Fe Imaging Services for Women:
- Breast MRI
- MRI uses a magnetic field, radio waves, and a computer to create three-dimensional images of the breast. MRI of the breast is one of the most sensitive imaging tools available for detecting new or recurrent breast cancer.
- Breast Ultrasound
- A breast ultrasound is a safe, non-invasive exam that uses sound waves to see the inside of the breast. Performed in conjunction with a mammography, this exam is used to evaluate abnormalities in the breast.
- A non-invasive imaging method that uses high-frequency sound waves to produce images of structures within the body.
- Diagnostic Mammography
- A diagnostic screening mammogram is intended for women who have symptoms such as a lump, mass, discharge on their breasts. It is also used to further evaluate any abnormality that might have been detected on Santa Fe Screening Mammography.
- 3D Mammogram / Tomosynthesis
- Breast tomosynthesis uses high-powered computing to convert digital breast images into a stack of very thin layers or “slices,” building what is essentially a “3-dimensional mammogram.”
- Digital Screening Mammography
- A mammogram utilizes low-dose x-rays to produce an image of the breast. XRANM uses digital mammography which converts these images into electronic signals, easily translated by specialized computers. Mammography can show an abnormality up to two years before it could detected by self diagnosis.
- MRI Guided Breast Biopsy
- MRI biopsy is performed in situations when an abnormal finding is detected on the MRI study but not convincingly seen on mammography or ultrasound.
- This procedure provides a view of the workings of the lymphatic system, which is a network of small channels, like arteries and veins, that transport the fluid and cells of the immune system through the lymph nodes and throughout the body.
- A procedure to analyze breast discharge through radiography of the breast ducts.
Read Our Customers Feedback & Reviews
- “This is the most efficiently run medical facility I’ve ever been to.”
- “I have been a patient at X-Ray Associates of Santa Fe for about five years off and on, at first getting standard annual mammograms and eventually many more diagnostic tests. I’ve always been treated respectfully and compassionately by medical and nonclinical staff. In particular, Dr. Alexander LaRusso, Rachel and Christine in ultrasound, and Sandy in mammography have been very kind and helpful. “
- “I have used X-Ray Associates of NM (Santa Fe office) for numerous years for my mammograms, and lately also for PET scan, as well as Cat scan and biopsy in their Albuquerque office. I am so impressed with their efficiency (never wait over 5 min.), kind, patient and very knowledgeable staff, and fast results/reports.”
- “The staff at XRANM Santa Fe couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful. From scheduling to check in and the technicians. Thanks for making this a positive experience.”