We are looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant to join our busy Breast Surgeon’s office in Santa Fe, to make a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care. We offer a very competitive hourly rate and great benefits.
Performs a wide variety of medical and clinical support functions in a Breast Surgeon’s outpatient clinical setting such as welcoming patients and obtaining medical history from patients, verifying patient information, assist Provider during exams and treatment while adhering to strict aseptic technique, and perform specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, such as taking vital signs, taking breast measurements, SOZO, and verifying medications.
X- Ray Associates of New Mexico, and its affiliates, is an EOE.
- Ensures all related reports, labs, and information is in patients’ medical records for upcoming appointments
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy as necessary
- Provide physician instructions to patients
- Process genetic testing, includes sampling to sending testing to lab
- Keep exam rooms stocked and troubleshoots equipment
- 2 years (minimum) as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Chart on EMR system
- On occasion helps with the front office, prior authorizations, and other duties around the office
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced
- Clinical office environment
- Tight schedule with multiple distractions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) Program preferred or must take and pass CMA Certification Exam within one year
- Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and have completed basic arrhythmia course
- Must be computer literate and EMR charting experience
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience in physician’s office
- Candidates must be female as a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification
- Bilingual preferred
Job Type: Full Time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, but must be flexible with changes in work schedule, based on clinic needs (such as arriving earlier and staying later some days)
Location: 435 St. Michael’s Dr. Suite 104, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505