We are looking for an experienced Certified Medical Assistant to join our busy Breast Surgeon’s office in Albuquerque, to make a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care.
Performs a wide variety of medical and clinical support functions in a Breast Surgeon’s outpatient clinical setting such as welcoming patients and obtaining medical history from patients, verifying patient information, assist Provider during exams and treatment while adhering to strict aseptic technique, and perform specialized medical procedures of a routine nature, such as taking vital signs, taking breast measurements, SOZO, and verifying medications.
X- Ray Associates of New Mexico is an EOE.
- Ensures all related reports, labs, and information is in patients’ medical records for upcoming appointments
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy as necessary
- Provide physician instructions to patients
- Process genetic testing, includes sampling to sending testing to lab
- Keep exam rooms stocked and troubleshoots equipment
- On occasion helps with the front office, prior authorizations, and other duties around the office
- 2 years (minimum) as a Certified Medical Assistant
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced
- Clinical office environment
- Tight schedule with multiple distractions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) Program preferred or must take and pass CMA Certification Exam within one year.
- Must be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and have completed basic arrhythmia course.
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience in physician’s office.
- Candidates must be female as a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification.
- Bilingual preferred
Job Type: Full Time, Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm
Location: 101 Hospital Loop, Suite 106, Albuquerque, NM 87107