We are excited to welcome a new provider to our busy breast surgery practice. This is a fast paced, deadline-driven Clinical Office. You will help make a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care as a full time experienced Medical Assistant when you join this office. Expect multiple distractions on a tight schedule. If you love Women’s Healthcare, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This position performs a wide variety of medical and clinical support functions in a Breast Surgeon’s outpatient clinical setting, such as assist Provider during exams and treatment (adhering to strict aseptic technique), welcome patients and obtain medical histories from patients, verify patient information, perform specialized medical procedures of a routine nature such as taking vital signs, taking breast measurements, sozo, and verifying medications.
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information are in patients’ medical records for upcoming appointments
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy as necessary
- Provide physician instructions to patients
- Process genetic testing, including samples to send for testing to lab
- Keep exam rooms stocked and troubleshoot equipment
- On occasion help with the front office, prior authorizations, and other miscellaneous duties around the office.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) Program preferred or must take and pass CMA Certification Exam within one year
- Must be certified in CPR and have completed basic arrhythmia course
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience in physician’s office
- Candidates must be female as a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification
- Minimum of 2 years as a Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- Bilingual is a plus
Job Type: Monday – Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm